5 Ways to Make the Most of June at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
While another school year may be coming to an end, summer is just around the corner! With the kids almost out of classes until fall, now is the perfect time to plan how to stay cool and make memories as a family this summer. Fortunately, YOGI BEAR™ has families in Robert, Louisiana covered. The June calendar is full of exciting events at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™. Plus, mid-week events are back with family night at the pool deck every Thursday of June and rec center parties every Monday of June.
Families and friends alike, make the most of the summer this June at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park:
- School’s Out & it’s Yogi’s Birthday (June 2-4): Celebrate all the growth the kids have made in school this year, and welcome summer at the campgrounds. Plus, the kids will love wishing Yogi Bear™ a happy birthday at his surprise party! Decorate the best birthday cake, and you could win a trophy! After the contest, the cakes will be sliced, and Ranger will bring ice cream. Later, dance to the rhythms of the Waylon Thibodaux Band.
- Super Soaker Blasting Weekend (June 9-11): Louisiana summers are hot, but this weekend is sure to help families stay cool! Take part in our super soaker “hey” ride and wet rec activities. Come prepared—almost everyone gets wet! After all the daytime fun, enjoy music by the Southern Boyz band. Remember, water guns only. No high-powered sprayers or water balloons. Splashing the bears and/or employees is prohibited.
- Father’s Day Celebration (June 16-18): Fathers have a truly special role in the lives of their children. Yogi Bear™ invites all dads to the campgrounds this weekend as we celebrate fathers. First, unwind at Friday night’s beer party on the pool deck (dads only). There will also be a Golf Cart Poker Run this weekend, activities for fathers and their children, breakfast, and a steak dinner (fee). The Member’s Only Band plays Saturday night.
- Grandparents/Kids Mid-Week Celebration (June 19-21): Grandparents, enjoy some quality time with the grandkids now that they’re out of school. Get a great deal on the campgrounds, too (save 10% on campsites and cabins when grandparents camp on these dates with their grandkids)!
- Red, White, and Blue & Family Wet-N-Wild Tourney (June 23-25): The combination of patriotism, competition, and BBQ makes for a great weekend at the campgrounds! There will be a tournament. Sign all the family members up, and maybe win a medal! Be sure to cool down with the wet-n-wild activities; try a 50¢ Ranger BBQ, and check out the Ruffin Ready Band Saturday night.
Summer is just around the corner, and so are all the exciting events at the campgrounds. Be sure to book a campsite soon! Memorial Day Weekend is coming up, too—enjoy the annual volleyball championship, crafts, and tie-dye shirts, the Golf Cart Poker Run, and music by the Kozmic Kowboyz (3-night-minimum stay).