Make YOGI BEAR'S JELLYSTONE PARK™ Your Family’s Absolutely Awesome Camping Destination
It never fails! Yogi Bear and his friends always become excited as twilight falls and campfires begin to glow throughout our 100-acre Camp-Resort here at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana. They enjoy seeing all of our camping friends gathering in small groups at their campsites. Everyone is relaxed and chatting about the events of the day. Living is virtually stress-free at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park during this spectacular time of the year! There is no need to clean up a kitchen – campfires make things special! When campfires in the park are at peak-cooking stage, sticks or skewers for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs appear like magic, as well as pie irons for making toasty, sandwich-style creations that make for easy and comforting outdoor foods. According to Yogi Bear, we offer his top four campfire treats of all time:
- Yogi Bear’s Special S'mores: Did you know that a S'more is equally delicious when you skip the piece of chocolate, and enclose a toasted marshmallow between two chocolate-covered shortbread cookies or graham cracker cookies instead? Or, use regular graham crackers, and replace the traditional piece of chocolate with 1 or 2 mini Reese's or similar-type of confection.
- Boo-Boo's Distinctive Hot Diggity Dogs: Hot dogs just taste better when they are sliced before roasting. Leave the center of the hot dog intact so that it can be "skewered," and cut the ends so that each end has four parts.
- Cindy Bear's Sweet Mix: Mix together diced fruit, chocolate bits, and mini marshmallows and fill as many waffle cones to the brim as needed. Wrap the cones in foil and place them on the grill or on gray coals for about five minutes, occasionally rotating the sweet sensations to perfection.
- Ranger Maurice's Famous Campfire "Pie": Who’s not hungry for something more substantial when they are camping? Use a pie iron for grilling an egg and cheese sandwich. Cook the egg on only one greased section of the cooker. Assemble the sandwich, lightly butter the outside of both slices of bread, and grill the egg and cheese sandwich in the closed pie iron; want Yogi’s favorite? Use pie fillings, jams or jellies, or peanut butter and make an endless array of toasty, sweet, sandwich treats for every camper.
Besides outdoor cooking, story time telling and songs around campfires, our special May events at Jellystone Park LA are simply spectacular as well:
- This weekend, our40th Anniversary Weekendwill shine with exciting activities fromFriday May 15 through Sunday May 17.
- Memorial Day Weekend events will extend from Friday May 22 through Monday, May 25.
- We'll be celebrating Yogi's birthday big-time from Friday, May 29 through Sunday May 31.
We can bear-ly contain our excitement for the rest of May! With so much relaxing fun-in-the-sun on our website calendar, you'll want to reserve your site at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana as soon as possible! Our birthday bear Yogi and his friends Boo-Boo, Cindy Bear and Ranger Maurice are waiting on you. Remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube - we look forward to receiving your likes and comments.